The NuDriver archive is back online. For anyone wondering, let me give a little break down of my suggestions:
- NuDriver 5 is my final and best driver for Windows 9x/ME.
- NuDriver NT is the only driver ever designed to work with Voodoo 5 6000 hardware in Windows NT.
- NuDriver 2KX is my final and best driver for Windows 2000/XP.
- NuDriver 2KX² (2KX^2) was a driver that merged my “final” work with the work of then-team “3Dhq” – the team that was supposedly going to use the 3dfx source code to make NEW drivers, but refused to deliver even a beta after months and years. It also includes the 3dfx Tools application for Windows 2000/XP. It may be buggy.
- Voodoo TV users should know that the Windows 2000 Beta 3 driver does work under Windows XP.
- The ReadMe files were written by me when I was about 15. Expect typos. But they may explain some of the differences and features of each driver. Pay particular attention to NuDriver 3 (9x/ME/2K/XP), and be careful if installing it.
As mentioned on my bio-page, I uploaded these files back at their original Drivers.NuAngel.net (opens in a new window) location so that many of the links from around the internet, from over a decade ago, still work (as long as they linked to the page, and not directly to the driver files). It’s hard to imagine I was only about 17 when I was releasing these. It was shocking to buy a video card and literally days later find out 3dfx was going out of business – communities like ours at X3dfX was my first big inspiration to keep on working.
On the drivers page, if you click on the Drivers.NuAngel.net logo at the top of the page you will come back to the modern NuAngel.net. Some content from the old NuAngel.net may not have survived, but much of it is around in one form or another. Feel free to comment below if you’re looking for something you can’t find from the old days of NuAngel.net, or WinBreak.com.
Thanks for being a fan. Hopefully you can find a driver that works for your Voodoo 3, 4, or 5, or even your VoodooTV! VoodooTV note: once you have the drivers installed, the free “TVersity” application should function for you, as it’s practically impossible to find the original software that came with the VoodooTV.