With the advent of Windows Phone 8.1, you will be able to use the “Project My Screen” feature to send the signal to your PC. If you’ve already got the Developer’s Preview, you can start playing with this feature now. Here’s a quick breakdown of how it works.
- On your Windows PC, download and install the Project My Screen App tool.
- Start the Project My Screen App on your PC.
- Connect your phone via USB to the PC.
- In some cases, your phone will detect the hosting PC and ask you if you want to project your screen.
- If it doesn’t automatically appear, on your phone, go into Settings, then find Project My Screen.
- Select your computer and the screen should start sharing.
- Under the Advanced button, you can choose if you would like a dot to appear on the computer screen when you touch the screen.
- When done, re-open this app on your phone and tap the computer to disconnect.
- On your computer, simply press the Escape key on your keyboard to shrink the app, and click the “X” in the upper right to exit.